The latest Vehlinggo guest mix comes from Washington, D.C.-based Rose Corps, the solo project of singer, songwriter, synth player, and DJ Aeron Premo. She submitted the mix fresh off a gig opening for Roosevelt at U Street Music Hall.
Here’s what Premo had to say about her killer mix:
For this mix, I decided to showcase a more downtempo side of my disco vibe and create a relaxing yet danceable mix featuring some classic and current Italo, Balearic and boogie cuts.
- William Pitt – “City Lights (Italo Brutalo Vocal Edit)”
- Eighth Wonder – “I’m Not Scared (Disco Mix)”
- Giorgia Morandi – “Children Of The Sky (Original Instrumental Mix)”
- High Fashion – “You Make Me Feel So Good (Extended Remix)”
- Rayko – “Sweet Somebody”
- The APX – “Lose Yourself To The Groove (Joey Negro Future Boogie Edit)”
- Paul Hardcastle – “Strollin'”
- Carly Simon – “Tranquillo (Melt My Heart)(Young Pulse Rework)”
- Santa Cruz – “Mais Uma Chance (Jack Tennis Remix)”
- Loose Ends – “Hangin’ On A String (Frankie Knuckles Remix)”
- Tensnake – “Congolal”
- Shakedown – “At Night (Afterlife Remix)”
Some more information on Premo: As a musician, she seeks to combine synth pop, disco, boogie, Italo, and soul/R&B into danceable yet emotional songs. She is also notable for her DJ sets that are forward thinking yet deeply indebted to the history of dance and electronic music.
She is currently writing new music and continuing to gig as a DJ.